Bunert - Weier Farm

bunert-weier-farm-tnGottlieb and Susan Bunert bought the 80 acre farm in 1849. They built a log cabin, dug a well and started to farm. The diary of their daughter Wilhelmine stated that the brick house was built in 1876, the barn in 1883 and the carriage garage in 1892. They raised livestock and crops and had their own sawmill. It was Warren’s last operating farm. Today the 18 1/2 acre woods belongs to Macomb Community College and the farm has been subdivided for homes. Bunert-Weier descendants still live in the homestead.


Warren Historical Commission, 1997

Location: 28241 Bunert
Map