First Baptist Church of Warren
This white frame pioneer church is one of the oldest buildings in the village of Warren. Remarkably the structure, as it stands, is of the original construction and materials. The church, built in 1857 by the Methodist congregation was originally located in the cemetery on Chicago Road. In 1884, wanting a more central location, the frame building was moved to its present location on Seventh and Fillmore. The Methodists outgrew their building and in 1958 sold this historic structure to the First Baptist Church of Warren.
Warren Village Historic District Commission, 1994
Location: 7th St. at Fillmore