Stilwell Manor / Joseph Coach Manor
26600 Burg Rd. Warren, Michigan 48089
- Stilwell Manor is a 120 unit low income apartment building owned and operated by the City of Warren for it's Senior Citizen population.
- The minimum age limit for residency is 60 years old. Applicants must have been a Warren resident for at least two years. Income cannot exceed $20,000 for a single person and $28,000 for a couple. This would include social security, pension and interest drawn from any interest bearing accounts. Assets are not taken into account when applying.
- There are 90 one bedroom apartments, 24 efficiency apartments and 6 two bedroom apartments.
- The one bedroom apartments rent for $385 per month. This includes all utilities except the telephone and cable television.
- The efficiency apartments are one large room combining the living room and bedroom. They have a full bath and kitchen like the one and two bedroom apartments. The rent is $293 per month. This also includes utilities except for telephone and cable.
- The two bedroom apartments are preferably rented to couples. In case of where there is not a couple, then the bedroom can be rented to a single person. This is very rare. The two bedroom apartments rent for $457 per month. This includes all utilities except telephone and cable.
- All apartments are equipped with beautiful carpeting, paint, stove, self-defrosting refrigerator, garbage disposals and air conditioners.
- There is a $160 non-refundable cleaning fee. The refundable security deposits once a person vacates the apartment are as follows.
- Efficiency Apartment is $440
- One Bedroom Apartment is $578
- Two Bedroom Apartment is $686
- The lease is a month-to-month lease which is updated only when there is a change in the lease such as a rent increase.
- There is a pull cord in all bathrooms for medical emergencies. All pull cord and fire alarms are monitored by a monitoring company. All apartments are equipped with sprinkling system and smoke detectors, which are checked each year. A full service maintenance crew is available for inside apartment repairs.
- There are two full size washers and dryers on each floor. They are coin operated and cost $1 to wash and dry.
- The one bedroom apartment is approximately 480 square feet. The efficiency apartment is 435 square feet. The two bedrooms are approximately 740 square feet.
- Stilwell Manor is only yards away from one of the largest shopping centers in the City of Warren. The SMART Connector bus offers site to site bus service within the city limits. Free bus tickets are available to every senior citizen and handicap person in the City of Warren. Fun senior activities and events are always going on at both senior complexes! On-site spacious libraries are free of charge and open to all residents.
- If you would like more information or would like to tour our facility, please give us a call at (586) 758-1310.
Joseph Coach Manor
- Individuals who are 55 years of age or older with moderate incomes can qualify. Nonresidents welcomed.
- One bedroom apartments are $500 monthly.
- Two bedrooms apartments are $545 monthly.
- Gas, Electric, Telephone and Cable are not included.
- Refundable, one-time security deposit for a one bedroom (570 sq. ft.) is $750, a two bedroom (800 sq. ft.) is $818.
- A non-refundable Cleaning Fee of $160 will be added to the above security deposit amount.
- Units include washers and dryers, self defrosting refrigerators, electric stoves, microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal, furnace and air conditioner, balcony or patio.
- Bus services are available. The complex is within walking distance to local shopping centers. Parks and Recreation activites are also available in an adjacent building.Spacious libraries are open to all residents free of charge. Monthly newsletters are distributed to each resident with the latest up-to-date information on events and activities in both senior complexes.
For your convenience, an application for senior housing is available here.
(The application will open as a .pdf file in your Adobe Acrobat Reader program. You can print out a blank application by going to the “file” pulldown menu and go to “print.” If you like, you can fill out the form onscreen, using the tab to move from line to line. When done filling out the form, print it out for mailing.)