CITY OF WARREN MICRO ENTERPRISE GRANT PROGRAM
The Microenterprise Assistance Grant Program will make up to $475,000 available to help local businesses impacted by COVID-19. This program will provide grant funding to qualified microenterprises that have lost revenue or incurred additional costs as a result of COVID-19.
To qualify as a microenterprise you must be a brick and mortar business that has five (5) for fewer employees, one or more who owns the enterprise at the time of receiving assistance, and the owner(s) must have an annual household income at or below 80% Area Median Income (AMI).
Applications will be accepted beginning April 5th through May 5, 2021
Please review the program guidelines before completing an Expression of Interest.
Who is eligible?
- Brick and mortar business in the City of Warren
- A business that has been in operation for at least one year
- Employ no more than 5 employees (including the owners) AND the owner’s household income may not exceed 80% AMI based on household size
- Business must be able to verify that they have been negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Must be a for-profit organization
- Business must have a valid Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business must have registered in the System for Award Management
- Business must showcase a verifiable need for working capital to support payroll, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, and/or other expenses that occur in the ordinary course of business
Who is ineligible?
- Those businesses located outside of the City of Warren
- Business with more than 5 employees
- Home-based businesses
- Business owner’s with income that exceeds the program maximum
- Marijuana-related businesses (prohibited use of federal funds)
The City of Warren will make every reasonable effort to encourage the participation of minorities, non-English speaking persons, limited English proficiency persons, and persons with disabilities. Any individual requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the program should email firstname.lastname@example.org