Posting Date: September 16, 2022
Job type: Full-Time
Pay Rate: $58,329/year - $84,796/year (After 5 years)
Job Status: Sourcing
THE CITY OF WARREN IS SEEKING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE OR SEX FOR THE POSITION OF: FIRE FIGHTER
Starting Salary $58,329/year – Maximum Salary $84,796/year (After 4 years)
Fire Fighter candidates from IAFF represented fire departments with one or more years of experience may qualify for higher starting wages.
• Age 18 or older by the closing date for accepting applications
• U.S. citizen
• Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
• Possess a valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in the State of Michigan
• Possess a Paramedic License from the Michigan Department of Health; must be obtained by date of hire
• Possess Fire Fighter I and II
At the time the eligibility list is certified, preference points will be added to a passing score for the following:
1 point – Certificate in Fire Science from an accredited college or university.
2 points – Associate degree or higher degree in Fire Science from an accredited college or university.
***To receive preference points, you must provide an official (sealed by the school) college transcript***.
1 point for service during a period of war or receipt of an expeditionary or campaign service medal during an emergency condition, with an honorable discharge. You must provide a copy of your Form DD214 to qualify.
Must also pass a:
• An oral board interview
• Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
• Background investigation
• Physical examination including drug screening and a psychological evaluation within the guidelines established by the City, as modified by current law
Please fill out the attached City of Warren Firefighter application. Follow all instructions. Bring the completed packet to City of Warren Human Resources Department by the deadline with all required original documentation. You will be notified if you are scheduled for an oral board interview, and a one year eligibility list will be created.
If there are any questions, please contact Jackie Damron at 586-574-4948 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return the completed application packet found below to the City of Warren Human Resources Department with all required original documents by the deadline of 5:00 pm, Friday, September 30, 2022.
Please visit www.cityofwarren.org for future information regarding future applications and continued recruitment.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
MAYOR JAMES R. FOUTS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER