Posting Date: January 31, 2020
Job type: Part-Time
Pay Rate: 18.00
Job Status: Sourcing
PART-TIME WEB SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The City of Warren is accepting applications without regard to race or sex for the position of Part-Time Web Support Specialist. This position is responsible for developing the voice for all aspects of the City’s online and mobile presence, including writing, editing, and proofreading site content, and working closely with the technical team and individual departments and programs to maintain site standards with regard to new developments. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
Primary duties include developing, designing, maintaining and producing new and existing web pages for individual departments and/or programs. Assist in conceptualization and implementation of design elements and determine that the city’s website meets usability requirements, as well as established ADA requirements. Ensure compatibility with various platforms as well as monitor the ease of navigation. Monitor, update and fix current website and hypertext links. Maintain current knowledge of web site development (operating systems, software).
In addition to working on the city’s main website (www.cityofwarren.org), Applicant will also be responsible for miwarren.org. These responsibilities include writing, creating and posting articles and Podcasts for the MI Warren website, as well as posting content from other representatives of the Communications Department.
Use and knowledge of digital camera equipment, photo editing software, and digital graphic design is a plus.
Understanding and experience working with WordPress is a must.
Typical Examples of Work:
File Transfer Protocol (FTP); mark-up languages such as HTML, PHP, CSS, ASP, Joomla, and WordPress; understand principles of design, user interface, and website functionality; understand policies and guidelines relating to accessibility and website ADA guidelines.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Website Development Certificate or degree in Journalism, Communication or a
• Three years of experience in web design HTML programming.
• Advanced personal computer experience.
• Experience managing social media platforms for a business or organization
(especially Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
• Must provide links to websites you created and maintained.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
• Driving record must meet City standards for insurability
Pay Rate: $18.00/hour
Deadline: Open until filled.
Apply: Warren City Hall-Human Resources #410
One City Square, Warren, MI 48093
Office is open weekdays 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
You may apply in person, by mail, email to email@example.com or fax (586-574-0770)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To print the forms required for application, print:
• Part-time and Temporary Release of Info. Agreement form
• EEO form
• Driver’s Record Authorization Form
• Drug Free Workplace Policy
• Drug Testing Policy and Procedure
You MUST present your driver’s license at time of application
If you have any questions please call the Human Resources Department office at 586-574-4670.