Posting Date: August 07, 2022
Job type: Full-Time
Pay Rate: $100,411/year
Job Status: Sourcing
The City of Warren is accepting applications for the position of Water Operations Manager. This position is responsible to provide; leadership, planning and coordinating for the Water Division; designated as Operator-in-Charge of water distributions system, responsible for the operation, repair, and maintenance of all City owned infrastructure assets related to water and sanitary sewer located within the public Right-of-way for the Water Division; and oversees the operations and crews of the Water Division. Provides the necessary oversight, guidance and supervision to ensure continued compliance with numerous federal, state, and county regulatory requirements. Provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Water Division Superintendent and Deputy Superintendent
• At least an Associate’s Degree or equivalent in engineering, business, construction management, or related field; and
• Five (5) years professional experience related to water and sewer, public utilities and/or public services projects.
• State of Michigan class S-1 waterworks certification at time of application
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Intermediate skill with office computers and related business software.
• Possession of a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Michigan.
• Driving record must meet city standards for insurability
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) type A with Airbrake
• A copy of S-1 license and driver’s license are required at time of application
Pay rate: $100,411/year
Excellent benefit package includes health, dental and life insurance, paid vacation and sick time.
To apply: Please, submit your resume, along with proof of your education, to our office in person, by mail, by email or by fax.
Address: Warren City Hall-Human Resources #410
One City Square
Warren, MI 48093
Office is open weekdays 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Deadline: Applications accepted until position filled.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 586-574-4670.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER