Posting Date: September 18, 2022
Job type: Full-Time
Pay Rate: $65,752/year - $75,261/year (After 5 years)
Job Status: Sourcing
The City of Warren is accepting applications for the position of Zoning Inspector. This position performs skilled inspection of plans and specifications for alterations, additions and new residences and commercial (business) and industrial buildings to insure compliance with the City zoning ordinance.
• Graduation from an accredited high school or G.E.D. equivalent.
o Copy of degree or official transcripts required at time of application
• Four (4) years of experience in building or construction work.
• One year of experience in code enforcement.
• Must have passed the current International Code Council – Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector Examination.
o Certificate required with application
• Possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Michigan.
o Driver’s license required with application
• Driving record must meet city’s standards for insurability.
Pay rate: $65,752/year – $75,261/year (after 5 years)
Excellent benefit package includes health, dental and life insurance, paid vacation and sick time.
Apply: Warren City Hall-Human Resources #410
One City Square, Warren, MI 48093
Office is open weekdays 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
You may apply in person, by mail or by fax.
Our fax number is 586-574-0770.
Deadline: September 30, 2022 by 5:00 p.m.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To print the forms required for application, print:
• Full-time Release Info. Agreement form
• Driver’s License form
• EEO form
• Drug Testing Policy and Procedure Statement for Applicants
If you have any questions please call our office at 586-574-4670.