Warren Mayor Jim Fouts will give his seventh State of the City Address today at 11:45 a.m. at Andiamo on 14 Mile west of Van Dyke.
Fouts will address the following subjects:
• The growing problem of heroin
• Economic development in Warren
• The flying of the Ukrainian flag in front of city hall
• The status of city’s retirement funds
• Cooperation and collaboration with the city of Detroit
• The city’s financial condition
• The city’s first Martin Luther King celebration
• The pothole controversy and long-range solutions
• Personal property tax proposal on August, 2014 ballot
• Sign and fast food restaurant ordinance/changes
Fouts will also honor outstanding accomplishments of young people in Warren.