What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
1. User Provided Information. When you request a service through the Application, the following information would be provided by you:
a) your e-mail address;
b) your log-in information;
c) your name;
d) text and messages you enter into the system when using services available through the Application, such as service requests;
e) contact information you may provide if you would like us to respond to you or another party;
f) registration information you provide if you choose to register for an on-line service available on or through the Application, such as direct payment of tax or water bills, registration for parks and recreation activities, and access to traffic reports.
g) photos, comments or friends lists or check-ins if you choose to participate on any social networking platform available through the Application.
Please note that registration with us is not mandatory in order to be able to use the basic features of the Application. However, it may be necessary to make certain transactions or to use some of the features available through the Application, such as direct payment of tax or water bills, registration for parks and recreation classes, and access to accident reports.
When you register with us and use the Application, you generally provide:
(a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other registration
(b) transaction-related information, such as when you pay bills on line, register for a
class or download or use applications from us;
(c) information you provide us when you contact us for help;
(d) credit card information for on-line bill payments or other transactions.
2. Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Application, certain information may be collected automatically from your mobile device, other than the information you voluntarily provide. This information may includes:
- the type of mobile device you use;
- your mobile devices unique device ID;
- the IP address of your mobile device;
- your mobile operating system;
- the type of mobile Internet browsers you use;
- log-in information;
- name, address, contact information which you provide so that a response may be given to your request;
- location information from the device, such as zip code of city; longitude/latitude and elevation.
How will the information be used and do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
When you request a service for a non-emergency request through 311 Citizen Response, please be advised that a third party vendor which helps to navigate your request through the computer network to the employee or party responsible for responding to your request and helping us serve you.
If you post a photo or comment on a social networking page available through the Application, then such photos or comments and any personal information you provide in connection with those postings will be available to third parties. See Terms of Usage below.
When you access information or other services through the Application, the City of Warren uses the information you provide to complete a service request or complete an order.
The City of Warren will also use your e-mail address and/or home address to send you announcements or newsletters, unless you unsubscribe by following the instructions in the announcement or newsletter.
The City of Warren does not sell, lease or give personal identifiable information for commercial marketing. However, the City of Warren may disclose, give or transfer any personally identifiable information to third parties in the following situations:
- We need to share the information with a vendor or third party to provide the service or information you have requested;
- The City is authorized or compelled to do so by law (i.e. to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process or the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, MCL 15. 231, et. seq.)
- A law enforcement agency is requesting the information in connection with the investigation of any criminal activity, whether or not the alleged crime is specific to computer activity.
Other than disclosure provided by law, or as otherwise stated above, the City will limit access to any personally identifiable information gathered through the Application to employees, vendors and agents who have a need to know the information to perform a specific task, job or to respond to your request or order.
We may also provide summary statistics about our users’ interests and preferences, and service demands, but these summary statistics do not include personally identifiable information, but are used to improve the design of the Application and improve the services offered through the Application.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We
provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we
process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate or improve our Application. The City of Warren has taken a number of measures to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent unauthorized access to information that is maintained in its computer systems. The Application uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) server software to prevent unauthorized access to the information you submit when you request an on-line service through the Application. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, unauthorized access to information that is maintained in agency computer systems and information, ensure the integrity of information that is transmitted between users of e-government applications and the City, and to provide reasonable protection of private information that is in our possession. The City of Warren also uses special software programs for monitoring and auditing network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise to cause damage to this government computer system. The City also uses industry-standard software tools to control access to specific applications and services and to protect data that is transmitted electronically between the users and the City. These programs help us identify someone attempting to tamper with this Website.
If security monitoring reveals evidence of criminal activity, information pertaining to such activity may be provided to law enforcement officials.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on the City portal or its Website are prohibited, and will be prosecuted und eth Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986, 18 U.S.C. section 1001 and 1003, and any other applicable law.
Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
The information contained in this policy statement should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal or other advice, or warranting to provide a fail proof security of information provided via the City portal or the Application.
The Application may include links to other organizations. These links are for your convenience and/or informational purposes only. In providing these links, we do not endorse or ensure the truth or accuracy of the content, products, services, or viewpoints of these external websites. Once you leave the City’s sites, and link to an outside website, these terms and policies no longer apply and the policies, if any, of that website, will apply.
Linking to cityofwarren.org is permitted under limited conditions. If you link to the such website address, you must not: 1) portray any person, entity or subject in a false or misleading light; 2) visually alter the website pages being linked to; or 3) imply that the City of Warren endorses your products or services; 4) use any logo of the City of Warren, any copyrighted or protected or confidential information, or any personal phone number or home address of any individual, including employee of the City
Individuals under the age of 13 are not eligible to use services that require submission of personal information to the Application. This includes submitting personal information as part of a user profile or personalization profile. If you are an individual under the age of 13, you may use these services only if used with your parent or legal guardian. The City of Warren does not use Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
The City of Warren recognizes the importance of making its services accessible to everyone, to the greatest extent feasible. The Application was coded to comply with both the Americans with Disabilities Act and Priority 1 Level Checkpoints of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 Users who wish to view these specifications can do so at: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.
The Application has been tested for screen magnification software, and text-only browsing. The City of Warren will continue to test future releases of the Application and remains committed to improving accessibility and usage for all persons. Warren has adopted the Look and Feel Standards. All Application sites are required to be built within the guidelines of these standards.
If you can not fully access or utilize the Application services, please let us know the accessibility issue, and we will try to provide the information to you in an alternative format or make the improvements to the system to make the information accessible.
Consent to Terms of Usage
By using the Application, you agree with and consent to the following terms:
- All content of the City of Warren is the property of the City of Warren or its content providers and is protected by intellectual property laws.
- You may not modify, copy, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, sell or transfer information, products, logos, designs, insignia or services obtained from the Application unless you have prior written permission or the law otherwise provides.
- Use of content, images, logos or designs on the Application on another website or on another computer is prohibited.
- You may not use the Application for any commercial purpose or for any purpose that is unlawful or which in any way solicits the performance of an illegal activity or other activity that infringes upon the rights of others or of the City of Warren.
- The City of Warren does not guarantee that the services or information available through the Application is error-free, accurate or uninterruptible. Information and services are provided on an “as is” and ‘as available’ basis.
- You agree to hold the City of Warren harmless for and from any claim, loss, damage or injury that may arise out of relate to any interruption of service or error in information.
- Any comments or photos you post on any site or service available through the Application must not be obscene, hateful, threatening, violent, commercial, unlawful, fraudulent, defamatory, disruptive to the operation of any on-line activity. Advertising, “SPAM” messaging, copyright or trademark infringements, personal attacks of any kind, and offensive terms targeting a particular gender, race, age, religion, national origin or disability are prohibited.
- The City of Warren has the right, but not the obligation, to deny access to services through the Application to any person who violates these terms.
By using the Application and providing information to us, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the US.
Contact us – If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at