Please Note: Planning Commission Meetings are cancelled until further notice because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Welcome to the City of Warren Planning Department. Our mission is to provide citizens and businesses easy access to information and links relating to approvals, projects and programs administered by various commissions and staff in planning, community and economic development.
Our hope is that you find this information valuable, streamlining the process in making the City of Warren a positive place to live and do business.
Under the direction of the Planning Commission, the Planning Department is charged with the responsibility of providing professional advice and service in implementation of the City’s Master Plan. As key advisers to the Planning Commission, City Council and other City commissions and authorities, their goal is orderly and continued positive growth in the City of Warren.
The Planning Department serves as technical advisors and administrators in applying for:
- Zoning ordinance and map revisions related to Warren’s Master Plan.
- Site Plan approval for commercial, industrial and residential multiple family and site condominium developments.
- Site Plan amendments, special land uses, and outdoor retail sales.
- Land use (Zoning) amendments
- Vacations of public alleys, easements, walkways and right of ways.
- Lot splits and combinations
- Property plats.
- Studies related to transportation, recreation, and other land uses.
- Staff liaison to economic development programs for redevelopment such as the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority,
- Downtown Development Authority, Community Development and Block Grant Program and the Tax Increment Finance Authority.
Ronald F. Wuerth, AICP, Planning Director, email@example.com
Michelle Katopodes, AICP, Planner II, firstname.lastname@example.org
Judith Hanna, Senior Administrative Secretary, email@example.com
Angela Reed, Temp Clerical, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Gorbett, Planner Aide, email@example.com
SEMCOG – City of Warren Community Profile
American Planning Association
Michigan Association of Planning (MAP)
MAP’s Community Planning Principles
Council Resolution Complete Street Policy
Michigan Planning Enabling Act of 2008
Michigan Zoning Enabling Act of 2006
State of Michigan Brownfield Redevelopment Financing Act
State of Michigan Corridor Improvement Authority Act
State of Michigan Downtown Development Authority (DDA) Act
State of Michigan Home Rule City Act
State of Michigan Land Division Act
State of Michigan Open Meetings Act
State of Michigan Tax Increment Finance Authority (TIFA) Act
Macomb County GIS
Performance Bond Forms
Come into the Planning Department to obtain these forms:
Cash Bond Form
Surety Bond Form