In response to the many inquiries about my policy for Halloween:
1) I will NOT prohibit or close Halloween to trick or treating.
2) Those who wish to participate will be allowed to with the assurance that they will use common courtesy by practicing safe distancing and wearing a mask.* Masks are natural for kids on Halloween!
3) Suggestion: Get a card table or some sort of elevated platform or box and place it on your sidewalk/driveway a distance from your front door.
4) Place the candy in a snack bag and have a sign saying “Happy Halloween Please Take One”
5) With a mask you may observe and supervise from a safe distance.
* This is a suggestion not an order! Note: I always buy extras of my favorite candies including Kit Kat’s, Dark Chocolate Mounds, Dark Chocolate Hershey’s, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
** Warren Civic Center Library Hours will be: Noon-8 PM Monday-Thursday and 9AM-5PM Friday. No appointments necessary, visits will be limited to 90 minutes per day. Entry on the south side of the city hall building directly into the library.
Mayor James R. Fouts
City of Warren
One City Square- Suite 215
Warren, MI 48093-6726