Permanent Ballot List
With the passing of Proposal 2022-2, you can have your ballot automatically mailed to you approximately 40 days prior to each election. You will no longer be required to fill out an Absentee Ballot Application. Complete, print, sign, and return the PERMANENT BALLOT LIST form to be added to the list.
Joining the Permanent Absentee Ballot List allows voters to complete an application once and receive an absentee ballot for all elections moving forward. If a registered voter moves within the State of Michigan, and updates their voter registration address, the status on the Permanent Absentee Ballot List will remain. In the past, voters were required to complete an absentee ballot application for each election in which they desired to receive an absentee ballot.
Proposal 22-2 amended the Michigan Constitution to add several provisions regarding elections, including:
- Recognize fundamental right to vote without harassing conduct
- Require military or overseas ballots be counted if postmarked by election day and received by the local clerk within six days following the election
- Provide voter right to verify identity with photo ID or signed statement
- Provide voter right to single application to vote absentee in all elections
- Require state-funded absentee-ballot drop boxes, and postage for absentee applications and ballots
- Provide that only election officials may conduct post-election audits
- Require a minimum of nine days of early in-person voting for all statewide elections
- Allow donations to fund elections, which must be disclosed
- Require canvass boards certify election results based only on the official records of votes cast.