PLEASE BE SAFE by staying home this week with safe distancing. The virus is very dangerous and can last 3-4 days on surfaces!
I have requested some clarifications from the Governor’s office regarding Warren residents concerns and questions…………
1) LANDSCAPING Service ban-Apparently and unfortunately it is still in effect. However, my position is that in Warren if you are merely using a service for lawn cutting and trimming and no more than that, the city will not be issuing tickets. Anything else is not acceptable and we will adhere to the state mandate. I do respectfully disagree and view lawn service as an essential service for seniors and those with special needs.
2) UNEMPLOYMENT checks-They are currently overwhelmed with calls so it is strongly suggested that you log in and do your request over the internet rather than by phone. It will take you about 20 minutes to complete and then your check will be in the mail.
3) FASTEST WAY TO FILE ONLINE is if your last name begins with A-L file Monday, Wednesday or Friday. M-Z File Sun, Tues or Thurs. Anyone unable to do that may file on Saturday.
4) Governor has taken charge of getting needed supplies for Michigan hospitals and is getting Michigan companies to supply what is only supplied by China. Thank you Governor Whitmer!*
ALSO POSTMASTER ANSWERS:
4) I spoke with the Warren Postmaster and he indicated that mail may be delayed a day or two because of coronavirus illness and 14 day isolation. The main supplier for all Post Offices is in Topeka, Kansas. When they have a problem it affects everyone.
5) The Postmaster has assured me that the mail is safe and that there is no known record of anyone getting the virus from their mail.
6) I spoke with some officials at various hospitals in the area and they indicate that they are still in need of PPE (personal protective equipment) and that includes N95 masks, gowns, sanitizing fluids, eye protectors, and other equipment. NOTE: I spoke with a nurse at Warren Ascension Hospital on 12/Hoover and she said they are in great need for N95 masks, gowns, and gloves. I PUT OUT A REQUEST FOR PPE FOR THAT HOSPITAL. *Help is on the way from Michigan suppliers.
7) Don’t go to the hospital unless you are very sick as our hospitals are overwhelmed with coronavirus cases. It’s somewhat dangerous to go to a hospital at this time. Do work on supporting our medical personnel with any support including masks, lunch catered from a local restaurant, and support for their sacrifice and work that they do! I have arranged for a place in Warren to supply our hospital people in Warren with lunch.
Please support PRESIDENT TRUMP on his strong recommendation that we all follow guidelines indicating that you wear a mask when outside your home. And stay home for the next 2 weeks. We must follow the suggestions of our President, the CDC, and our Governor. *
*On a conference call with the White House today President Trump informed us of the various equipment being received. Such as 100,000 ventilators are on their way. He stressed that the government is working diligently to make sure all hospitals are adequately supplied.