Registering Vacant/Abandoned/Foreclosed Properties
- Warren City Council has passed an ordinance requiring all title holders of vacant, abandoned, and/or foreclosed properties to register with the City of Warren(Article III, Sec. 28-50 to 28-66).
- The registration fee ($200 initial, $125 renewal) is annual and the amount of the fee is set by resolution of the City Council.
- After registration, the city will dispatch a property maintenance inspector for compliance with the property maintenance code to insure that the maintenance requirements of the ordinance are met.
- Inspectors will determine if the property is secured so as not to be accessible to unauthorized persons.
- If the property is not properly maintained or secured, the city and/or a contractor may maintain and secure the property and assess costs to the bank, lender or note holder who has an interest in the vacant, abandoned, or foreclosed property.
- The following are violations of the ordinance (unless otherwise stated violations are a civil infraction with a fine of up to $500):
(a) Failing to register the property within 30 days
(b) Failing to renew the registration of a property
(c) Permitting re-occupancy of the property without clearing all outstanding fees, fines, costs, assessments or liens.
(d) Failing to secure or maintain the property
*** To obtain the Vacant/Abandoned/Foreclosed Property Registration Form you can either click on the provided link or contact the Department of Property Maintenance and ask for a form to be sent to you.*** Vacant Property Form
Thank you for your cooperation and for being a good neighbor.
City of Warren – Department of Property Maintenance Inspection