Garage Sale License
Residents who wish to host a garage sale MUST continue to practice social distancing by doing the following:
- Set up tables and chairs six feet apart.
- Clearly mark with signs/tape the directions people/traffic has to flow on your property.
- Garage Sale permittee and customers must wear masks and disposable gloves at all times during browsing and sale.
- Ask customers to stand in a line, while spread apart, during a high traffic times.
- Only 2-3 customers can be in the garage/yard/driveway at once.
- Make sure all merchandise is washed and dried and/or wiped down with a disinfectant product before placing on a table or chair for sale.
- Wipe down all tables and chairs using disinfectant at the end of the day or in the morning before the next day of the sale starts.
Note: Must apply 3 days before sale date if applying online, or may pick application up from City Hall. Warren, MI residents are allowed two (2) garage sales a year, each being no more than four (4) consecutive days. As an owner, tenant, lessee or occupant of the below residence, I hereby apply for a Garage Sale License within the City of Warren in compliance with the Code of Ordinances of the City of Warren. (Zoning Ordinance, Section 2-72, 4.42 and Ordinance No. 30-680).
Completion of this application by internet does not indicate approval until you have a garage sale license prominently displayed at your site. All internet applications will only be processed during regular business hours: Monday through Friday 8:30-5:00 p.m.
Garage Sale Permit will be mailed immediately upon received request by email or fax. Please be advised: Any exchange of information on The City of Warren’s website may be subject to The Freedom Of Information Act. (F.O.I.A.)