The Warren Police Department Awards Board commends officers and citizens for deeds worthy of recognition. The Awards Board consists of a police officer, corporal, sergeant, and lieutenant who meet every other month and review activities of the department to vote on the most noteworthy incidents.
The department has several different types of awards.
Types Of Awards
- Valor: For exceptional hazardous duty.
- Honor award: Exceptional contribution.
- Departmental citation: Outstanding performance involving personal risk.
- Merit: Outstanding performance under difficult conditions not involving risk.
- Police Heart Award: Sustained a serious injury.
- Life Saving: Saving a life.
- Commendations: Valuable service in a specific task or general duties. May be awarded to a citizen.
- Unit Commendation: Outstanding performance by a unit.